For almost 30 years, our goal has always been to provide a welcoming experience for our guests and an enjoyable working environment for our valued team members.
This year is no different, except for the fact that we have spent many hours listening to government guidelines making sure we put in the necessary procedures to ensure the safety of our guests and our team.
The Irish government issued a 5 phase plan to reopen society and businesses and when Killeen House Hotel and Rozzers Restaurant opens on July 8, we will be in phase 3. As we move into phases 4 and 5 of the plan, we will follow and implement all necessary guidelines to ensure the safety of our guests and our team.
If you or your companions have any symptoms of COVID-19 such as a high temperature, cough, or shortness of breath, we ask that you stay at home, and we look forward to welcoming you another time.
Here is an overview of what you can expect when you visit Killeen House Hotel & Rozzers Restaurant:
BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- We have nine staff members and all of our team have undergone training to ensure they implement the highest standard of care in their departments.
- Our Hotel and Restaurant have all been laid out to respect the government’s social distancing guidelines to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests.
- We have installed hand sanitisers throughout the hotel, team members will be washing their hands every 30 minutes and using hand sanitisers.
- In the event of a suspected case of COVID-19, we have a designated quarantine space for guests to use while they are awaiting to be seen by the nearest medical facility.
- After a warm socially distanced welcome, you will be offered a personal sanitary kit with a small bottle of hand sanitiser, face masks, and gloves.
- We will ask your permission to disinfect your luggage with a sanitising spray before going to your room.
As a precaution, we will be temperature checking all those who arrive at Killeen House Hotel and Rozzers Restaurant, both guests and our own team. According to the Health Services Executive of Ireland:
“A high temperature or fever, for most people, is when your body temperature is 38 degrees Celsius or higher. This can be a sign that you are unwell. It usually means you have an infection”
In the event of someone having a temperature of 38 degrees Celsius or higher we will ask them not to stay on the property and assist them with contacting a nearby medical facility.
OUR PUBLIC SPACES
- Socially distant markers will be visible along the floor.
- Hand sanitising stations are located in the reception area, lounge, bar, restaurant, corridors and outside our ladies and gents. We ask that all guests use these to sanitise their hands regularly.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of all surfaces will take place frequently throughout the day.
- All chairs and tables will be disinfected after each use.
- All door handles, handrails, and light switches will be disinfected frequently.
- Reservations will be restricted to ensure social distancing.
- Diners will be offered a choice of two sittings, a 6.30 – 7.00pm sitting or an 8.30 – 9.00pm sitting.
- Diners will be offered laminated menus that are sanitized after each use, and our menu is available to be viewed online HERE
- We offer disposable napkins and fresh linen will be placed on the table for each guest.
- Once your order has been taken and you’ve been served, our team will not approach your table during dining unless specifically called over.
- We have two private dining spaces available for groups of up to six people.
- As with all public spaces throughout the premises, all chairs and tables will be disinfected after each use.
- We have contactless payment available.
- Our housekeeping team have been trained in cleaning procedures according to government guidelines and will be wearing the required personal protective equipment (PPE)..
- Guest information, magazines, paper and pens have all been removed and are available from reception on request.
- All soft furnishings such as bolsters, cushions and throws have been removed.
- Frequently touched points around the room such as door handles, light switches, the remote control, TV, phone, bedside lockers, and bathroom faucets will be thoroughly sanitised before and after arrival and departure of guests.
- Bathroom glasses have been replaced with disposable alternatives.
- Our linen is provided by an external company who will be following all COVID-19 guidelines.
- Your room will be serviced only with your permission during your stay.
- Our kitchen team consists of our Head Chef Paul and two other chefs who will all work at socially distant stations.
- Our chefs will be wearing the required PPE throughout their shift and will adhere to strict hand washing procedures.
- All work surfaces and shared equipment will be frequently sanitised.
- Deliveries will be accepted outside the kitchen meaning there are no unnecessary additional people in the food preparation area.
- Our dishwashers are set to temperatures of 82° C to ensure all kitchen utensils are thoroughly sanitised.
A FEW EXTRA MEASURES…
- We will implement a contract tracing procedure in line with government guidelines and GDPR requirements.
- Our staff will be temperature checked at the beginning of each shift.
- While we pride ourselves on our staff engaging with our guests, we know that some guests would rather keep their distance. Our team will do everything they can to look after our guests while respecting social distancing guidelines.
- Where possible we will leave windows open to increase ventilation
- We are fully aware that we are opening our doors and welcoming a whole new world, and we have done our utmost to ensure that we are able to provide the same Killeen House Hotel and Rozzers Restaurant experience.
Geraldine & Michelle